Every year we claim that we are going to do things different, but we charge forward without a plan. Start this year with the best planner that fits your needs. thinking design, creative solutionsIt’s 2021!!! And we are all excited about the
CLEANING YOUR REFRIGERATOR
Remove everything (food and beverages) from the refrigerator and freezer.
Remove drawers, trays, and bins that are inside or attached to the refrigerator.
Clean your refrigerator using your favorite cleaner, ensure that the cleaner both cleans and disinfects. You may need to use two different cleaners. Don’t forget to clean the crevices and special places such as
- The underside of class surfaces
- The drawers, trays, and bins
- The back of the refrigerator after you have removed all items in Step Two
- The ice bins
- The ice chute (if you have one)
- The tray under the water dispenser (if you have one)
- Around the top of the water dispenser
- The door handles
- The door fronts
- The door seals
- The door face
Place all the drawers, trays, and bins back inside the refrigerator after they have been cleaned and sterilized.
Load and organize your refrigerator using the following steps of preparation.
- Remove EXPIRED products.
- Combine products that have two or more containers, when appropriate re-jar items, such as pickles and relish.
- Use glass beverage jars for juice and milk. These jars can be found on Amazon in various sizes, such as 12 oz, 16 oz, 18 oz, 1 qt, 2 qts, and 1 gallon. These jars help reduce the amount of space used by large liquid containers, jugs, and oddly shaped containers.
- Use Rubbermaid Brilliance containers that stack perfectly can hold your leftovers. They are featured as BPA-Free, air tight, and leak-proof. These containers come in a variety of sets from 10-44 piece sets. They can be purchased from Amazon.
- Use plastic organizing bins to hold foods.
- Refrigerator door handle covers/wraps can stop fingerprints on refrigerator doors.
- Keep fruits and vegetables in the crisper drawers to help protect them for contamination.
Enjoy your refrigerator
- Use lower level drawers, trays, and bins for storage.
- Keep all food and beverage visible, so that you will not forget to use them, too much food in the refrigerator does not allow some foods to live its lifespan.
- Buy foods with the longest expiration date off the grocery shelves.
- Use freezer tape, dry erase tape, or medical tape to mark food with information, such as the expiration date.
- Fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, lettuce, squash, carrots, apples, berries, pineapples, citrus fruits, and grapes keep longer if you store them in the fridge.
- Use baking soda to keep your refrigerator fresh, you can use Amazon auto-deliver to help you keep track.
o Pure Baking Soda
o Fridge Fresh Refrigerator Air Filter
o Garbage Disposal Cleaner, Freshener & Deodorizer Capsules
o Fruit & Vegetable Wash, Produce Wash, Produce Cleaner
- Using Glad Press & Seal will extend the lifespan of vegetables before and after they have been used such as onion, bell pepper, and cucumbers.
- Clean your refrigerator and freezer at least once monthly. If that is not feasible, you MUST clean your refrigerator at least quarterly.